Aciclovir

Aciclovir Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Aciclovir Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Aciclovir In other words, aciclovir they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Aciclovir The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, aciclovir and will be very appealing to him/her. Aciclovir Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, aciclovir antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Aciclovir Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, aciclovir lethargy, aciclovir stumbling and seizures. Aciclovir Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Aciclovir Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Aciclovir Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, aciclovir excessive drooling, aciclovir and stomach pain. Aciclovir If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, aciclovir as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Aciclovir Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Aciclovir Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Aciclovir Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, aciclovir vomiting, aciclovir excessive urination and activity, aciclovir and can lead to seizures. Aciclovir Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Aciclovir Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, aciclovir especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Aciclovir You are responsible for Puggle care and, aciclovir therefore, aciclovir need to ensure that fabric softener, aciclovir clothing and dish detergent, aciclovir bathroom cleaners, aciclovir etc. Aciclovir are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Aciclovir The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, aciclovir vomiting, aciclovir lethargy, aciclovir muscle weakness, aciclovir mouth burns, aciclovir and even a coma. Aciclovir Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Aciclovir Excessive drooling, aciclovir vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Aciclovir Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Aciclovir Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, aciclovir and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Aciclovir Some toxic plants include aloe, aciclovir ferns, aciclovir lilies and ivy. Aciclovir If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, aciclovir the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Aciclovir Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Aciclovir Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Aciclovir Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Aciclovir However, aciclovir if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, aciclovir the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Aciclovir This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Aciclovir A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Aciclovir Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Aciclovir Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Aciclovir If you use moth balls, aciclovir get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Aciclovir Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Aciclovir Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, aciclovir leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, aciclovir vomiting, aciclovir seizures and coma. Aciclovir Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Aciclovir Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Aciclovir Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Aciclovir This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Aciclovir Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, aciclovir lethargy and stomach pain. Aciclovir Call your Vet right away.

Aciclovir Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Aciclovir

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Aciclovir Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Aciclovir Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, aciclovir loss of appetite, aciclovir lethargy and vomiting. Aciclovir See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Aciclovir Keep all batteries in a safe, aciclovir secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.