Adapine Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Adapine Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Adapine In other words, adapine they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Adapine The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, adapine and will be very appealing to him/her. Adapine Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, adapine antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Adapine Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, adapine lethargy, adapine stumbling and seizures. Adapine Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Adapine Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Adapine Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, adapine excessive drooling, adapine and stomach pain. Adapine If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, adapine as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Adapine Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Adapine Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Adapine Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, adapine vomiting, adapine excessive urination and activity, adapine and can lead to seizures. Adapine Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Adapine Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, adapine especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Adapine You are responsible for Puggle care and, adapine therefore, adapine need to ensure that fabric softener, adapine clothing and dish detergent, adapine bathroom cleaners, adapine etc. Adapine are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Adapine The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, adapine vomiting, adapine lethargy, adapine muscle weakness, adapine mouth burns, adapine and even a coma. Adapine Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Adapine Excessive drooling, adapine vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Adapine Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Adapine Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, adapine and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Adapine Some toxic plants include aloe, adapine ferns, adapine lilies and ivy. Adapine If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, adapine the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Adapine Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Adapine Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Adapine Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Adapine However, adapine if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, adapine the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Adapine This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Adapine A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Adapine Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Adapine Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Adapine If you use moth balls, adapine get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Adapine Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Adapine Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, adapine leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, adapine vomiting, adapine seizures and coma. Adapine Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Adapine Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Adapine Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Adapine This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Adapine Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, adapine lethargy and stomach pain. Adapine Call your Vet right away.
Adapine Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Adapine
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Adapine Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Adapine Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, adapine loss of appetite, adapine lethargy and vomiting. Adapine See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Adapine Keep all batteries in a safe, adapine secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.