Adefovir

Adefovir Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Adefovir Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Adefovir In other words, adefovir they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Adefovir The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, adefovir and will be very appealing to him/her. Adefovir Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, adefovir antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Adefovir Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, adefovir lethargy, adefovir stumbling and seizures. Adefovir Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Adefovir Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Adefovir Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, adefovir excessive drooling, adefovir and stomach pain. Adefovir If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, adefovir as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Adefovir Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Adefovir Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Adefovir Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, adefovir vomiting, adefovir excessive urination and activity, adefovir and can lead to seizures. Adefovir Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Adefovir Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, adefovir especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Adefovir You are responsible for Puggle care and, adefovir therefore, adefovir need to ensure that fabric softener, adefovir clothing and dish detergent, adefovir bathroom cleaners, adefovir etc. Adefovir are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Adefovir The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, adefovir vomiting, adefovir lethargy, adefovir muscle weakness, adefovir mouth burns, adefovir and even a coma. Adefovir Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Adefovir Excessive drooling, adefovir vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Adefovir Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Adefovir Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, adefovir and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Adefovir Some toxic plants include aloe, adefovir ferns, adefovir lilies and ivy. Adefovir If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, adefovir the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Adefovir Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Adefovir Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Adefovir Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Adefovir However, adefovir if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, adefovir the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Adefovir This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Adefovir A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Adefovir Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Adefovir Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Adefovir If you use moth balls, adefovir get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Adefovir Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Adefovir Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, adefovir leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, adefovir vomiting, adefovir seizures and coma. Adefovir Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Adefovir Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Adefovir Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Adefovir This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Adefovir Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, adefovir lethargy and stomach pain. Adefovir Call your Vet right away.

Adefovir Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Adefovir

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Adefovir Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Adefovir Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, adefovir loss of appetite, adefovir lethargy and vomiting. Adefovir See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Adefovir Keep all batteries in a safe, adefovir secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.