Aeron Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Aeron Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Aeron In other words, aeron they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Aeron The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, aeron and will be very appealing to him/her. Aeron Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, aeron antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Aeron Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, aeron lethargy, aeron stumbling and seizures. Aeron Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Aeron Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Aeron Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, aeron excessive drooling, aeron and stomach pain. Aeron If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, aeron as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Aeron Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Aeron Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Aeron Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, aeron vomiting, aeron excessive urination and activity, aeron and can lead to seizures. Aeron Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Aeron Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, aeron especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Aeron You are responsible for Puggle care and, aeron therefore, aeron need to ensure that fabric softener, aeron clothing and dish detergent, aeron bathroom cleaners, aeron etc. Aeron are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Aeron The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, aeron vomiting, aeron lethargy, aeron muscle weakness, aeron mouth burns, aeron and even a coma. Aeron Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Aeron Excessive drooling, aeron vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Aeron Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Aeron Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, aeron and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Aeron Some toxic plants include aloe, aeron ferns, aeron lilies and ivy. Aeron If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, aeron the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Aeron Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Aeron Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Aeron Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Aeron However, aeron if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, aeron the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Aeron This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Aeron A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Aeron Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Aeron Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Aeron If you use moth balls, aeron get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Aeron Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Aeron Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, aeron leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, aeron vomiting, aeron seizures and coma. Aeron Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Aeron Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Aeron Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Aeron This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Aeron Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, aeron lethargy and stomach pain. Aeron Call your Vet right away.
Aeron Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Aeron
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Aeron Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Aeron Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, aeron loss of appetite, aeron lethargy and vomiting. Aeron See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Aeron Keep all batteries in a safe, aeron secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.