Akatinol Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Akatinol Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Akatinol In other words, akatinol they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Akatinol The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, akatinol and will be very appealing to him/her. Akatinol Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, akatinol antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Akatinol Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, akatinol lethargy, akatinol stumbling and seizures. Akatinol Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Akatinol Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Akatinol Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, akatinol excessive drooling, akatinol and stomach pain. Akatinol If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, akatinol as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Akatinol Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Akatinol Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Akatinol Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, akatinol vomiting, akatinol excessive urination and activity, akatinol and can lead to seizures. Akatinol Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Akatinol Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, akatinol especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Akatinol You are responsible for Puggle care and, akatinol therefore, akatinol need to ensure that fabric softener, akatinol clothing and dish detergent, akatinol bathroom cleaners, akatinol etc. Akatinol are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Akatinol The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, akatinol vomiting, akatinol lethargy, akatinol muscle weakness, akatinol mouth burns, akatinol and even a coma. Akatinol Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Akatinol Excessive drooling, akatinol vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Akatinol Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Akatinol Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, akatinol and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Akatinol Some toxic plants include aloe, akatinol ferns, akatinol lilies and ivy. Akatinol If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, akatinol the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Akatinol Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Akatinol Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Akatinol Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Akatinol However, akatinol if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, akatinol the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Akatinol This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Akatinol A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Akatinol Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Akatinol Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Akatinol If you use moth balls, akatinol get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Akatinol Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Akatinol Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, akatinol leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, akatinol vomiting, akatinol seizures and coma. Akatinol Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Akatinol Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Akatinol Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Akatinol This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Akatinol Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, akatinol lethargy and stomach pain. Akatinol Call your Vet right away.
Akatinol Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Akatinol
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Akatinol Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Akatinol Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, akatinol loss of appetite, akatinol lethargy and vomiting. Akatinol See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Akatinol Keep all batteries in a safe, akatinol secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.