Aler tab Puggle breeders need to be carefully scrutinized before you make the decision to buy a pup from their litter. Aler tab Even though the Puggle does not have a breed standard, aler tab this doesn’t mean you should trust every Puggle Breeder out there. Aler tab Not everyone has good breeding ethics, aler tab and for some, aler tab all they care about is the money they’ll make off the sales of a popular breed.
Aler tab Here is what you need to find out before you settle on just any Puggle breeder –
- Does the breeder sell his/her Puggles privately, aler tab or do they sell to pet shops? A breeder that is willing to sell the dogs they breed to pet shops is only in the breeding business for money.
- Does the breeder breed more than Puggles? If Puggle breeders are breeding more than one type of dog other than a Beagle or Pug (aside from the Puggle) or if they have only ever bred Puggles, aler tab you should take your business elsewhere. Aler tab A reputable breeder interested in breeding hybrids should first be experienced with properly breeding a purebred dog. Aler tab Furthermore, aler tab a breeder who has bred either Pugs of Beagles previously, aler tab has a good idea of what type of temperaments to expect.
- Ask to see the sire and dam of the litter. Aler tab A good breeder will show you both or either the sire and dam of the litter. Aler tab They should also show you a detailed pedigree of both dogs. Aler tab Even though Puggles are only hybrid dogs, aler tab a breeder with a pedigree of the purebred parents is a sign of a responsible breeder.
- Is the breeder willing to give up the pup before 8 weeks? Puggle breeders should not allow a Puggle puppy to be taken sooner than 8 weeks of age. Aler tab A puppy offered before this age has not been allowed sufficient time to be weaned from his/her mother. Aler tab This can cause social and development issues in the dog.
- There should always be a guarantee – Only a reputable breeder would provide you with a contract and written guarantee for the dog. Aler tab The guarantee usually states that if something should happen with the dog’s health, aler tab etc. Aler tab they will take the Puggle back and offer you a new one or give you your money back. Aler tab Essentially, aler tab a good breeder would rather take the dog back than see harm come to it.
- The breeder should be registered – Even though the Puggle is a hybrid breed not recognized by any of the national kennel clubs, aler tab reputable Puggle Breeders will have their Puggles registered with the American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC), aler tab or the Hybrid Club of their nation. Aler tab Note: The ACHC only registers individual Puggles that have purebread parents. Aler tab
Aler tab Finally, aler tab make sure you visit the breeder in person and get to know the pups before you make any decisions. Aler tab In addition, aler tab make sure the premise in which the breeder is raising the pups is a clean and happy environment.