Allegra Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Allegra Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Allegra In other words, allegra they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Allegra The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, allegra and will be very appealing to him/her. Allegra Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, allegra antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Allegra Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, allegra lethargy, allegra stumbling and seizures. Allegra Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Allegra Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Allegra Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, allegra excessive drooling, allegra and stomach pain. Allegra If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, allegra as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Allegra Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Allegra Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Allegra Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, allegra vomiting, allegra excessive urination and activity, allegra and can lead to seizures. Allegra Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Allegra Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, allegra especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Allegra You are responsible for Puggle care and, allegra therefore, allegra need to ensure that fabric softener, allegra clothing and dish detergent, allegra bathroom cleaners, allegra etc. Allegra are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Allegra The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, allegra vomiting, allegra lethargy, allegra muscle weakness, allegra mouth burns, allegra and even a coma. Allegra Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Allegra Excessive drooling, allegra vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Allegra Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Allegra Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, allegra and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Allegra Some toxic plants include aloe, allegra ferns, allegra lilies and ivy. Allegra If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, allegra the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Allegra Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Allegra Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Allegra Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Allegra However, allegra if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, allegra the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Allegra This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Allegra A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Allegra Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Allegra Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Allegra If you use moth balls, allegra get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Allegra Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Allegra Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, allegra leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, allegra vomiting, allegra seizures and coma. Allegra Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Allegra Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Allegra Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Allegra This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Allegra Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, allegra lethargy and stomach pain. Allegra Call your Vet right away.
Allegra Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Allegra
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Allegra Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Allegra Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, allegra loss of appetite, allegra lethargy and vomiting. Allegra See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Allegra Keep all batteries in a safe, allegra secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.