Anacin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Anacin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Anacin In other words, anacin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Anacin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, anacin and will be very appealing to him/her. Anacin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, anacin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Anacin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, anacin lethargy, anacin stumbling and seizures. Anacin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Anacin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Anacin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, anacin excessive drooling, anacin and stomach pain. Anacin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, anacin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Anacin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Anacin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Anacin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, anacin vomiting, anacin excessive urination and activity, anacin and can lead to seizures. Anacin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Anacin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, anacin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Anacin You are responsible for Puggle care and, anacin therefore, anacin need to ensure that fabric softener, anacin clothing and dish detergent, anacin bathroom cleaners, anacin etc. Anacin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Anacin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, anacin vomiting, anacin lethargy, anacin muscle weakness, anacin mouth burns, anacin and even a coma. Anacin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Anacin Excessive drooling, anacin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Anacin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Anacin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, anacin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Anacin Some toxic plants include aloe, anacin ferns, anacin lilies and ivy. Anacin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, anacin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Anacin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Anacin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Anacin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Anacin However, anacin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, anacin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Anacin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Anacin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Anacin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Anacin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Anacin If you use moth balls, anacin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Anacin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Anacin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, anacin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, anacin vomiting, anacin seizures and coma. Anacin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Anacin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Anacin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Anacin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Anacin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, anacin lethargy and stomach pain. Anacin Call your Vet right away.
Anacin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Anacin
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Anacin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Anacin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, anacin loss of appetite, anacin lethargy and vomiting. Anacin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Anacin Keep all batteries in a safe, anacin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.