Apigent

Apigent Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Apigent Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Apigent In other words, apigent they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Apigent The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, apigent and will be very appealing to him/her. Apigent Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, apigent antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Apigent Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, apigent lethargy, apigent stumbling and seizures. Apigent Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Apigent Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Apigent Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, apigent excessive drooling, apigent and stomach pain. Apigent If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, apigent as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Apigent Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Apigent Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Apigent Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, apigent vomiting, apigent excessive urination and activity, apigent and can lead to seizures. Apigent Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Apigent Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, apigent especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Apigent You are responsible for Puggle care and, apigent therefore, apigent need to ensure that fabric softener, apigent clothing and dish detergent, apigent bathroom cleaners, apigent etc. Apigent are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Apigent The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, apigent vomiting, apigent lethargy, apigent muscle weakness, apigent mouth burns, apigent and even a coma. Apigent Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Apigent Excessive drooling, apigent vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Apigent Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Apigent Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, apigent and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Apigent Some toxic plants include aloe, apigent ferns, apigent lilies and ivy. Apigent If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, apigent the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Apigent Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Apigent Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Apigent Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Apigent However, apigent if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, apigent the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Apigent This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Apigent A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Apigent Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Apigent Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Apigent If you use moth balls, apigent get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Apigent Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Apigent Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, apigent leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, apigent vomiting, apigent seizures and coma. Apigent Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Apigent Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Apigent Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Apigent This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Apigent Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, apigent lethargy and stomach pain. Apigent Call your Vet right away.

Apigent Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Apigent

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Apigent Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Apigent Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, apigent loss of appetite, apigent lethargy and vomiting. Apigent See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Apigent Keep all batteries in a safe, apigent secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.