Apo norflox Puggle breeders need to be carefully scrutinized before you make the decision to buy a pup from their litter. Apo norflox Even though the Puggle does not have a breed standard, apo norflox this doesn’t mean you should trust every Puggle Breeder out there. Apo norflox Not everyone has good breeding ethics, apo norflox and for some, apo norflox all they care about is the money they’ll make off the sales of a popular breed.
Apo norflox Here is what you need to find out before you settle on just any Puggle breeder –
- Does the breeder sell his/her Puggles privately, apo norflox or do they sell to pet shops? A breeder that is willing to sell the dogs they breed to pet shops is only in the breeding business for money.
- Does the breeder breed more than Puggles? If Puggle breeders are breeding more than one type of dog other than a Beagle or Pug (aside from the Puggle) or if they have only ever bred Puggles, apo norflox you should take your business elsewhere. Apo norflox A reputable breeder interested in breeding hybrids should first be experienced with properly breeding a purebred dog. Apo norflox Furthermore, apo norflox a breeder who has bred either Pugs of Beagles previously, apo norflox has a good idea of what type of temperaments to expect.
- Ask to see the sire and dam of the litter. Apo norflox A good breeder will show you both or either the sire and dam of the litter. Apo norflox They should also show you a detailed pedigree of both dogs. Apo norflox Even though Puggles are only hybrid dogs, apo norflox a breeder with a pedigree of the purebred parents is a sign of a responsible breeder.
- Is the breeder willing to give up the pup before 8 weeks? Puggle breeders should not allow a Puggle puppy to be taken sooner than 8 weeks of age. Apo norflox A puppy offered before this age has not been allowed sufficient time to be weaned from his/her mother. Apo norflox This can cause social and development issues in the dog.
- There should always be a guarantee – Only a reputable breeder would provide you with a contract and written guarantee for the dog. Apo norflox The guarantee usually states that if something should happen with the dog’s health, apo norflox etc. Apo norflox they will take the Puggle back and offer you a new one or give you your money back. Apo norflox Essentially, apo norflox a good breeder would rather take the dog back than see harm come to it.
- The breeder should be registered – Even though the Puggle is a hybrid breed not recognized by any of the national kennel clubs, apo norflox reputable Puggle Breeders will have their Puggles registered with the American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC), apo norflox or the Hybrid Club of their nation. Apo norflox Note: The ACHC only registers individual Puggles that have purebread parents. Apo norflox
Apo norflox Finally, apo norflox make sure you visit the breeder in person and get to know the pups before you make any decisions. Apo norflox In addition, apo norflox make sure the premise in which the breeder is raising the pups is a clean and happy environment.