Aprovel

Aprovel Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Aprovel Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Aprovel In other words, aprovel they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Aprovel The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, aprovel and will be very appealing to him/her. Aprovel Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, aprovel antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Aprovel Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, aprovel lethargy, aprovel stumbling and seizures. Aprovel Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Aprovel Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Aprovel Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, aprovel excessive drooling, aprovel and stomach pain. Aprovel If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, aprovel as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Aprovel Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Aprovel Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Aprovel Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, aprovel vomiting, aprovel excessive urination and activity, aprovel and can lead to seizures. Aprovel Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Aprovel Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, aprovel especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Aprovel You are responsible for Puggle care and, aprovel therefore, aprovel need to ensure that fabric softener, aprovel clothing and dish detergent, aprovel bathroom cleaners, aprovel etc. Aprovel are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Aprovel The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, aprovel vomiting, aprovel lethargy, aprovel muscle weakness, aprovel mouth burns, aprovel and even a coma. Aprovel Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Aprovel Excessive drooling, aprovel vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Aprovel Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Aprovel Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, aprovel and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Aprovel Some toxic plants include aloe, aprovel ferns, aprovel lilies and ivy. Aprovel If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, aprovel the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Aprovel Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Aprovel Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Aprovel Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Aprovel However, aprovel if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, aprovel the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Aprovel This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Aprovel A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Aprovel Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Aprovel Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Aprovel If you use moth balls, aprovel get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Aprovel Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Aprovel Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, aprovel leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, aprovel vomiting, aprovel seizures and coma. Aprovel Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Aprovel Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Aprovel Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Aprovel This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Aprovel Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, aprovel lethargy and stomach pain. Aprovel Call your Vet right away.

Aprovel Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Aprovel

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Aprovel Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Aprovel Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, aprovel loss of appetite, aprovel lethargy and vomiting. Aprovel See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Aprovel Keep all batteries in a safe, aprovel secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.