Asa

Asa Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Asa Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Asa In other words, asa they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Asa The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, asa and will be very appealing to him/her. Asa Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, asa antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Asa Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, asa lethargy, asa stumbling and seizures. Asa Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Asa Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Asa Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, asa excessive drooling, asa and stomach pain. Asa If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, asa as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Asa Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Asa Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Asa Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, asa vomiting, asa excessive urination and activity, asa and can lead to seizures. Asa Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Asa Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, asa especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Asa You are responsible for Puggle care and, asa therefore, asa need to ensure that fabric softener, asa clothing and dish detergent, asa bathroom cleaners, asa etc. Asa are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Asa The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, asa vomiting, asa lethargy, asa muscle weakness, asa mouth burns, asa and even a coma. Asa Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Asa Excessive drooling, asa vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Asa Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Asa Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, asa and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Asa Some toxic plants include aloe, asa ferns, asa lilies and ivy. Asa If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, asa the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Asa Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Asa Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Asa Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Asa However, asa if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, asa the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Asa This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Asa A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Asa Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Asa Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Asa If you use moth balls, asa get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Asa Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Asa Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, asa leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, asa vomiting, asa seizures and coma. Asa Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Asa Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Asa Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Asa This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Asa Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, asa lethargy and stomach pain. Asa Call your Vet right away.

Asa Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Asa

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Asa Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Asa Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, asa loss of appetite, asa lethargy and vomiting. Asa See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Asa Keep all batteries in a safe, asa secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.