Attentin

Attentin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Attentin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Attentin In other words, attentin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Attentin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, attentin and will be very appealing to him/her. Attentin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, attentin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Attentin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, attentin lethargy, attentin stumbling and seizures. Attentin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Attentin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Attentin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, attentin excessive drooling, attentin and stomach pain. Attentin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, attentin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Attentin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Attentin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Attentin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, attentin vomiting, attentin excessive urination and activity, attentin and can lead to seizures. Attentin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Attentin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, attentin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Attentin You are responsible for Puggle care and, attentin therefore, attentin need to ensure that fabric softener, attentin clothing and dish detergent, attentin bathroom cleaners, attentin etc. Attentin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Attentin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, attentin vomiting, attentin lethargy, attentin muscle weakness, attentin mouth burns, attentin and even a coma. Attentin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Attentin Excessive drooling, attentin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Attentin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Attentin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, attentin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Attentin Some toxic plants include aloe, attentin ferns, attentin lilies and ivy. Attentin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, attentin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Attentin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Attentin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Attentin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Attentin However, attentin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, attentin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Attentin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Attentin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Attentin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Attentin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Attentin If you use moth balls, attentin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Attentin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Attentin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, attentin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, attentin vomiting, attentin seizures and coma. Attentin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Attentin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Attentin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Attentin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Attentin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, attentin lethargy and stomach pain. Attentin Call your Vet right away.

Attentin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Attentin

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Attentin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Attentin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, attentin loss of appetite, attentin lethargy and vomiting. Attentin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Attentin Keep all batteries in a safe, attentin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.