Auspril

Auspril Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Auspril Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Auspril In other words, auspril they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Auspril The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, auspril and will be very appealing to him/her. Auspril Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, auspril antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Auspril Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, auspril lethargy, auspril stumbling and seizures. Auspril Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Auspril Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Auspril Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, auspril excessive drooling, auspril and stomach pain. Auspril If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, auspril as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Auspril Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Auspril Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Auspril Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, auspril vomiting, auspril excessive urination and activity, auspril and can lead to seizures. Auspril Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Auspril Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, auspril especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Auspril You are responsible for Puggle care and, auspril therefore, auspril need to ensure that fabric softener, auspril clothing and dish detergent, auspril bathroom cleaners, auspril etc. Auspril are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Auspril The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, auspril vomiting, auspril lethargy, auspril muscle weakness, auspril mouth burns, auspril and even a coma. Auspril Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Auspril Excessive drooling, auspril vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Auspril Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Auspril Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, auspril and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Auspril Some toxic plants include aloe, auspril ferns, auspril lilies and ivy. Auspril If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, auspril the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Auspril Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Auspril Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Auspril Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Auspril However, auspril if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, auspril the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Auspril This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Auspril A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Auspril Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Auspril Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Auspril If you use moth balls, auspril get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Auspril Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Auspril Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, auspril leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, auspril vomiting, auspril seizures and coma. Auspril Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Auspril Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Auspril Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Auspril This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Auspril Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, auspril lethargy and stomach pain. Auspril Call your Vet right away.

Auspril Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Auspril

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Auspril Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Auspril Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, auspril loss of appetite, auspril lethargy and vomiting. Auspril See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Auspril Keep all batteries in a safe, auspril secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.