Avara Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Avara Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Avara In other words, avara they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Avara The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, avara and will be very appealing to him/her. Avara Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, avara antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Avara Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, avara lethargy, avara stumbling and seizures. Avara Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Avara Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Avara Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, avara excessive drooling, avara and stomach pain. Avara If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, avara as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Avara Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Avara Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Avara Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, avara vomiting, avara excessive urination and activity, avara and can lead to seizures. Avara Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Avara Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, avara especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Avara You are responsible for Puggle care and, avara therefore, avara need to ensure that fabric softener, avara clothing and dish detergent, avara bathroom cleaners, avara etc. Avara are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Avara The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, avara vomiting, avara lethargy, avara muscle weakness, avara mouth burns, avara and even a coma. Avara Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Avara Excessive drooling, avara vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Avara Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Avara Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, avara and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Avara Some toxic plants include aloe, avara ferns, avara lilies and ivy. Avara If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, avara the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Avara Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Avara Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Avara Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Avara However, avara if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, avara the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Avara This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Avara A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Avara Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Avara Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Avara If you use moth balls, avara get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Avara Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Avara Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, avara leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, avara vomiting, avara seizures and coma. Avara Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Avara Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Avara Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Avara This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Avara Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, avara lethargy and stomach pain. Avara Call your Vet right away.
Avara Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Avara
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Avara Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Avara Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, avara loss of appetite, avara lethargy and vomiting. Avara See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Avara Keep all batteries in a safe, avara secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.