Axit

Axit Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Axit Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Axit In other words, axit they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Axit The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, axit and will be very appealing to him/her. Axit Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, axit antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Axit Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, axit lethargy, axit stumbling and seizures. Axit Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Axit Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Axit Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, axit excessive drooling, axit and stomach pain. Axit If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, axit as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Axit Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Axit Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Axit Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, axit vomiting, axit excessive urination and activity, axit and can lead to seizures. Axit Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Axit Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, axit especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Axit You are responsible for Puggle care and, axit therefore, axit need to ensure that fabric softener, axit clothing and dish detergent, axit bathroom cleaners, axit etc. Axit are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Axit The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, axit vomiting, axit lethargy, axit muscle weakness, axit mouth burns, axit and even a coma. Axit Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Axit Excessive drooling, axit vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Axit Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Axit Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, axit and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Axit Some toxic plants include aloe, axit ferns, axit lilies and ivy. Axit If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, axit the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Axit Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Axit Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Axit Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Axit However, axit if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, axit the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Axit This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Axit A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Axit Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Axit Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Axit If you use moth balls, axit get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Axit Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Axit Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, axit leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, axit vomiting, axit seizures and coma. Axit Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Axit Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Axit Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Axit This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Axit Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, axit lethargy and stomach pain. Axit Call your Vet right away.

Axit Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Axit

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Axit Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Axit Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, axit loss of appetite, axit lethargy and vomiting. Axit See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Axit Keep all batteries in a safe, axit secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.