Azathioprine Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Azathioprine Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Azathioprine In other words, azathioprine they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Azathioprine The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, azathioprine and will be very appealing to him/her. Azathioprine Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, azathioprine antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Azathioprine Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, azathioprine lethargy, azathioprine stumbling and seizures. Azathioprine Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Azathioprine Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Azathioprine Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, azathioprine excessive drooling, azathioprine and stomach pain. Azathioprine If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, azathioprine as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Azathioprine Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Azathioprine Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Azathioprine Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, azathioprine vomiting, azathioprine excessive urination and activity, azathioprine and can lead to seizures. Azathioprine Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Azathioprine Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, azathioprine especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Azathioprine You are responsible for Puggle care and, azathioprine therefore, azathioprine need to ensure that fabric softener, azathioprine clothing and dish detergent, azathioprine bathroom cleaners, azathioprine etc. Azathioprine are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Azathioprine The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, azathioprine vomiting, azathioprine lethargy, azathioprine muscle weakness, azathioprine mouth burns, azathioprine and even a coma. Azathioprine Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Azathioprine Excessive drooling, azathioprine vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Azathioprine Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Azathioprine Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, azathioprine and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Azathioprine Some toxic plants include aloe, azathioprine ferns, azathioprine lilies and ivy. Azathioprine If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, azathioprine the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Azathioprine Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Azathioprine Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Azathioprine Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Azathioprine However, azathioprine if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, azathioprine the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Azathioprine This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Azathioprine A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Azathioprine Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Azathioprine Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Azathioprine If you use moth balls, azathioprine get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Azathioprine Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Azathioprine Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, azathioprine leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, azathioprine vomiting, azathioprine seizures and coma. Azathioprine Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Azathioprine Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Azathioprine Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Azathioprine This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Azathioprine Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, azathioprine lethargy and stomach pain. Azathioprine Call your Vet right away.
Azathioprine Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Azathioprine
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Azathioprine Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Azathioprine Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, azathioprine loss of appetite, azathioprine lethargy and vomiting. Azathioprine See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Azathioprine Keep all batteries in a safe, azathioprine secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.