B12

B12 Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. B12 Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. B12 In other words, b12 they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. B12 The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, b12 and will be very appealing to him/her. B12 Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, b12 antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. B12 Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, b12 lethargy, b12 stumbling and seizures. B12 Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

B12 Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. B12 Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, b12 excessive drooling, b12 and stomach pain. B12 If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, b12 as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

B12 Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. B12 Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. B12 Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, b12 vomiting, b12 excessive urination and activity, b12 and can lead to seizures. B12 Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

B12 Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, b12 especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. B12 You are responsible for Puggle care and, b12 therefore, b12 need to ensure that fabric softener, b12 clothing and dish detergent, b12 bathroom cleaners, b12 etc. B12 are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. B12 The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, b12 vomiting, b12 lethargy, b12 muscle weakness, b12 mouth burns, b12 and even a coma. B12 Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. B12 Excessive drooling, b12 vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. B12 Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

B12 Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, b12 and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. B12 Some toxic plants include aloe, b12 ferns, b12 lilies and ivy. B12 If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, b12 the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. B12 Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

B12 Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. B12 Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. B12 However, b12 if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, b12 the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. B12 This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. B12 A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. B12 Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. B12 Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

B12 If you use moth balls, b12 get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. B12 Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. B12 Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, b12 leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, b12 vomiting, b12 seizures and coma. B12 Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. B12 Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

B12 Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. B12 This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. B12 Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, b12 lethargy and stomach pain. B12 Call your Vet right away.

B12 Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. B12

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. B12 Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. B12 Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, b12 loss of appetite, b12 lethargy and vomiting. B12 See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

B12 Keep all batteries in a safe, b12 secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.