Baby

Baby Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Baby Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Baby In other words, baby they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Baby The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, baby and will be very appealing to him/her. Baby Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, baby antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Baby Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, baby lethargy, baby stumbling and seizures. Baby Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Baby Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Baby Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, baby excessive drooling, baby and stomach pain. Baby If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, baby as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Baby Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Baby Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Baby Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, baby vomiting, baby excessive urination and activity, baby and can lead to seizures. Baby Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Baby Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, baby especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Baby You are responsible for Puggle care and, baby therefore, baby need to ensure that fabric softener, baby clothing and dish detergent, baby bathroom cleaners, baby etc. Baby are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Baby The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, baby vomiting, baby lethargy, baby muscle weakness, baby mouth burns, baby and even a coma. Baby Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Baby Excessive drooling, baby vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Baby Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Baby Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, baby and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Baby Some toxic plants include aloe, baby ferns, baby lilies and ivy. Baby If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, baby the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Baby Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Baby Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Baby Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Baby However, baby if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, baby the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Baby This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Baby A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Baby Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Baby Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Baby If you use moth balls, baby get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Baby Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Baby Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, baby leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, baby vomiting, baby seizures and coma. Baby Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Baby Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Baby Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Baby This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Baby Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, baby lethargy and stomach pain. Baby Call your Vet right away.

Baby Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Baby

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Baby Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Baby Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, baby loss of appetite, baby lethargy and vomiting. Baby See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Baby Keep all batteries in a safe, baby secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.