Birth control Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Birth control Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Birth control In other words, birth control they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Birth control The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, birth control and will be very appealing to him/her. Birth control Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, birth control antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Birth control Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, birth control lethargy, birth control stumbling and seizures. Birth control Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Birth control Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Birth control Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, birth control excessive drooling, birth control and stomach pain. Birth control If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, birth control as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Birth control Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Birth control Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Birth control Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, birth control vomiting, birth control excessive urination and activity, birth control and can lead to seizures. Birth control Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Birth control Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, birth control especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Birth control You are responsible for Puggle care and, birth control therefore, birth control need to ensure that fabric softener, birth control clothing and dish detergent, birth control bathroom cleaners, birth control etc. Birth control are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Birth control The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, birth control vomiting, birth control lethargy, birth control muscle weakness, birth control mouth burns, birth control and even a coma. Birth control Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Birth control Excessive drooling, birth control vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Birth control Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Birth control Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, birth control and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Birth control Some toxic plants include aloe, birth control ferns, birth control lilies and ivy. Birth control If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, birth control the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Birth control Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Birth control Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Birth control Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Birth control However, birth control if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, birth control the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Birth control This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Birth control A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Birth control Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Birth control Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Birth control If you use moth balls, birth control get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Birth control Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Birth control Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, birth control leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, birth control vomiting, birth control seizures and coma. Birth control Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Birth control Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Birth control Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Birth control This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Birth control Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, birth control lethargy and stomach pain. Birth control Call your Vet right away.
Birth control Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Birth control
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Birth control Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Birth control Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, birth control loss of appetite, birth control lethargy and vomiting. Birth control See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Birth control Keep all batteries in a safe, birth control secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.