Brimonidine Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Brimonidine Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Brimonidine In other words, brimonidine they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Brimonidine The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, brimonidine and will be very appealing to him/her. Brimonidine Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, brimonidine antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Brimonidine Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, brimonidine lethargy, brimonidine stumbling and seizures. Brimonidine Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Brimonidine Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Brimonidine Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, brimonidine excessive drooling, brimonidine and stomach pain. Brimonidine If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, brimonidine as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Brimonidine Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Brimonidine Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Brimonidine Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, brimonidine vomiting, brimonidine excessive urination and activity, brimonidine and can lead to seizures. Brimonidine Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Brimonidine Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, brimonidine especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Brimonidine You are responsible for Puggle care and, brimonidine therefore, brimonidine need to ensure that fabric softener, brimonidine clothing and dish detergent, brimonidine bathroom cleaners, brimonidine etc. Brimonidine are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Brimonidine The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, brimonidine vomiting, brimonidine lethargy, brimonidine muscle weakness, brimonidine mouth burns, brimonidine and even a coma. Brimonidine Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Brimonidine Excessive drooling, brimonidine vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Brimonidine Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Brimonidine Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, brimonidine and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Brimonidine Some toxic plants include aloe, brimonidine ferns, brimonidine lilies and ivy. Brimonidine If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, brimonidine the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Brimonidine Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Brimonidine Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Brimonidine Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Brimonidine However, brimonidine if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, brimonidine the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Brimonidine This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Brimonidine A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Brimonidine Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Brimonidine Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Brimonidine If you use moth balls, brimonidine get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Brimonidine Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Brimonidine Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, brimonidine leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, brimonidine vomiting, brimonidine seizures and coma. Brimonidine Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Brimonidine Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Brimonidine Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Brimonidine This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Brimonidine Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, brimonidine lethargy and stomach pain. Brimonidine Call your Vet right away.
Brimonidine Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Brimonidine
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Brimonidine Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Brimonidine Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, brimonidine loss of appetite, brimonidine lethargy and vomiting. Brimonidine See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Brimonidine Keep all batteries in a safe, brimonidine secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.