Buspinol Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Buspinol Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Buspinol In other words, buspinol they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Buspinol The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, buspinol and will be very appealing to him/her. Buspinol Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, buspinol antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Buspinol Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, buspinol lethargy, buspinol stumbling and seizures. Buspinol Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Buspinol Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Buspinol Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, buspinol excessive drooling, buspinol and stomach pain. Buspinol If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, buspinol as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Buspinol Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Buspinol Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Buspinol Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, buspinol vomiting, buspinol excessive urination and activity, buspinol and can lead to seizures. Buspinol Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Buspinol Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, buspinol especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Buspinol You are responsible for Puggle care and, buspinol therefore, buspinol need to ensure that fabric softener, buspinol clothing and dish detergent, buspinol bathroom cleaners, buspinol etc. Buspinol are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Buspinol The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, buspinol vomiting, buspinol lethargy, buspinol muscle weakness, buspinol mouth burns, buspinol and even a coma. Buspinol Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Buspinol Excessive drooling, buspinol vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Buspinol Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Buspinol Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, buspinol and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Buspinol Some toxic plants include aloe, buspinol ferns, buspinol lilies and ivy. Buspinol If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, buspinol the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Buspinol Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Buspinol Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Buspinol Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Buspinol However, buspinol if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, buspinol the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Buspinol This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Buspinol A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Buspinol Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Buspinol Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Buspinol If you use moth balls, buspinol get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Buspinol Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Buspinol Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, buspinol leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, buspinol vomiting, buspinol seizures and coma. Buspinol Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Buspinol Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Buspinol Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Buspinol This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Buspinol Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, buspinol lethargy and stomach pain. Buspinol Call your Vet right away.
Buspinol Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Buspinol
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Buspinol Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Buspinol Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, buspinol loss of appetite, buspinol lethargy and vomiting. Buspinol See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Buspinol Keep all batteries in a safe, buspinol secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.