Cabergoline Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Cabergoline Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Cabergoline In other words, cabergoline they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Cabergoline The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, cabergoline and will be very appealing to him/her. Cabergoline Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, cabergoline antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Cabergoline Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, cabergoline lethargy, cabergoline stumbling and seizures. Cabergoline Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Cabergoline Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Cabergoline Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, cabergoline excessive drooling, cabergoline and stomach pain. Cabergoline If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, cabergoline as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Cabergoline Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Cabergoline Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Cabergoline Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, cabergoline vomiting, cabergoline excessive urination and activity, cabergoline and can lead to seizures. Cabergoline Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Cabergoline Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, cabergoline especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Cabergoline You are responsible for Puggle care and, cabergoline therefore, cabergoline need to ensure that fabric softener, cabergoline clothing and dish detergent, cabergoline bathroom cleaners, cabergoline etc. Cabergoline are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Cabergoline The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, cabergoline vomiting, cabergoline lethargy, cabergoline muscle weakness, cabergoline mouth burns, cabergoline and even a coma. Cabergoline Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Cabergoline Excessive drooling, cabergoline vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Cabergoline Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Cabergoline Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, cabergoline and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Cabergoline Some toxic plants include aloe, cabergoline ferns, cabergoline lilies and ivy. Cabergoline If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, cabergoline the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Cabergoline Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Cabergoline Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Cabergoline Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Cabergoline However, cabergoline if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, cabergoline the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Cabergoline This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Cabergoline A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Cabergoline Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Cabergoline Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Cabergoline If you use moth balls, cabergoline get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Cabergoline Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Cabergoline Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, cabergoline leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, cabergoline vomiting, cabergoline seizures and coma. Cabergoline Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Cabergoline Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Cabergoline Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Cabergoline This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Cabergoline Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, cabergoline lethargy and stomach pain. Cabergoline Call your Vet right away.
Cabergoline Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Cabergoline
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Cabergoline Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Cabergoline Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, cabergoline loss of appetite, cabergoline lethargy and vomiting. Cabergoline See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Cabergoline Keep all batteries in a safe, cabergoline secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.