Canditral Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Canditral Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Canditral In other words, canditral they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Canditral The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, canditral and will be very appealing to him/her. Canditral Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, canditral antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Canditral Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, canditral lethargy, canditral stumbling and seizures. Canditral Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Canditral Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Canditral Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, canditral excessive drooling, canditral and stomach pain. Canditral If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, canditral as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Canditral Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Canditral Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Canditral Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, canditral vomiting, canditral excessive urination and activity, canditral and can lead to seizures. Canditral Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Canditral Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, canditral especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Canditral You are responsible for Puggle care and, canditral therefore, canditral need to ensure that fabric softener, canditral clothing and dish detergent, canditral bathroom cleaners, canditral etc. Canditral are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Canditral The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, canditral vomiting, canditral lethargy, canditral muscle weakness, canditral mouth burns, canditral and even a coma. Canditral Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Canditral Excessive drooling, canditral vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Canditral Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Canditral Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, canditral and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Canditral Some toxic plants include aloe, canditral ferns, canditral lilies and ivy. Canditral If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, canditral the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Canditral Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Canditral Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Canditral Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Canditral However, canditral if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, canditral the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Canditral This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Canditral A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Canditral Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Canditral Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Canditral If you use moth balls, canditral get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Canditral Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Canditral Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, canditral leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, canditral vomiting, canditral seizures and coma. Canditral Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Canditral Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Canditral Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Canditral This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Canditral Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, canditral lethargy and stomach pain. Canditral Call your Vet right away.
Canditral Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Canditral
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Canditral Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Canditral Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, canditral loss of appetite, canditral lethargy and vomiting. Canditral See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Canditral Keep all batteries in a safe, canditral secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.