Casodex Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Casodex Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Casodex In other words, casodex they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Casodex The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, casodex and will be very appealing to him/her. Casodex Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, casodex antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Casodex Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, casodex lethargy, casodex stumbling and seizures. Casodex Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Casodex Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Casodex Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, casodex excessive drooling, casodex and stomach pain. Casodex If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, casodex as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Casodex Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Casodex Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Casodex Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, casodex vomiting, casodex excessive urination and activity, casodex and can lead to seizures. Casodex Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Casodex Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, casodex especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Casodex You are responsible for Puggle care and, casodex therefore, casodex need to ensure that fabric softener, casodex clothing and dish detergent, casodex bathroom cleaners, casodex etc. Casodex are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Casodex The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, casodex vomiting, casodex lethargy, casodex muscle weakness, casodex mouth burns, casodex and even a coma. Casodex Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Casodex Excessive drooling, casodex vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Casodex Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Casodex Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, casodex and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Casodex Some toxic plants include aloe, casodex ferns, casodex lilies and ivy. Casodex If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, casodex the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Casodex Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Casodex Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Casodex Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Casodex However, casodex if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, casodex the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Casodex This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Casodex A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Casodex Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Casodex Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Casodex If you use moth balls, casodex get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Casodex Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Casodex Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, casodex leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, casodex vomiting, casodex seizures and coma. Casodex Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Casodex Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Casodex Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Casodex This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Casodex Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, casodex lethargy and stomach pain. Casodex Call your Vet right away.
Casodex Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Casodex
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Casodex Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Casodex Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, casodex loss of appetite, casodex lethargy and vomiting. Casodex See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Casodex Keep all batteries in a safe, casodex secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.