Caverta Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Caverta Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Caverta In other words, caverta they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Caverta The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, caverta and will be very appealing to him/her. Caverta Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, caverta antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Caverta Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, caverta lethargy, caverta stumbling and seizures. Caverta Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Caverta Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Caverta Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, caverta excessive drooling, caverta and stomach pain. Caverta If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, caverta as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Caverta Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Caverta Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Caverta Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, caverta vomiting, caverta excessive urination and activity, caverta and can lead to seizures. Caverta Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Caverta Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, caverta especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Caverta You are responsible for Puggle care and, caverta therefore, caverta need to ensure that fabric softener, caverta clothing and dish detergent, caverta bathroom cleaners, caverta etc. Caverta are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Caverta The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, caverta vomiting, caverta lethargy, caverta muscle weakness, caverta mouth burns, caverta and even a coma. Caverta Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Caverta Excessive drooling, caverta vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Caverta Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Caverta Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, caverta and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Caverta Some toxic plants include aloe, caverta ferns, caverta lilies and ivy. Caverta If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, caverta the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Caverta Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Caverta Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Caverta Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Caverta However, caverta if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, caverta the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Caverta This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Caverta A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Caverta Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Caverta Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Caverta If you use moth balls, caverta get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Caverta Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Caverta Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, caverta leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, caverta vomiting, caverta seizures and coma. Caverta Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Caverta Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Caverta Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Caverta This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Caverta Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, caverta lethargy and stomach pain. Caverta Call your Vet right away.
Caverta Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Caverta
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Caverta Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Caverta Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, caverta loss of appetite, caverta lethargy and vomiting. Caverta See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Caverta Keep all batteries in a safe, caverta secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.