Cefasun Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Cefasun Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Cefasun In other words, cefasun they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Cefasun The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, cefasun and will be very appealing to him/her. Cefasun Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, cefasun antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Cefasun Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, cefasun lethargy, cefasun stumbling and seizures. Cefasun Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Cefasun Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Cefasun Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, cefasun excessive drooling, cefasun and stomach pain. Cefasun If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, cefasun as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Cefasun Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Cefasun Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Cefasun Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, cefasun vomiting, cefasun excessive urination and activity, cefasun and can lead to seizures. Cefasun Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Cefasun Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, cefasun especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Cefasun You are responsible for Puggle care and, cefasun therefore, cefasun need to ensure that fabric softener, cefasun clothing and dish detergent, cefasun bathroom cleaners, cefasun etc. Cefasun are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Cefasun The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, cefasun vomiting, cefasun lethargy, cefasun muscle weakness, cefasun mouth burns, cefasun and even a coma. Cefasun Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Cefasun Excessive drooling, cefasun vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Cefasun Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Cefasun Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, cefasun and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Cefasun Some toxic plants include aloe, cefasun ferns, cefasun lilies and ivy. Cefasun If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, cefasun the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Cefasun Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Cefasun Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Cefasun Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Cefasun However, cefasun if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, cefasun the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Cefasun This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Cefasun A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Cefasun Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Cefasun Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Cefasun If you use moth balls, cefasun get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Cefasun Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Cefasun Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, cefasun leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, cefasun vomiting, cefasun seizures and coma. Cefasun Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Cefasun Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Cefasun Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Cefasun This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Cefasun Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, cefasun lethargy and stomach pain. Cefasun Call your Vet right away.
Cefasun Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Cefasun
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Cefasun Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Cefasun Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, cefasun loss of appetite, cefasun lethargy and vomiting. Cefasun See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Cefasun Keep all batteries in a safe, cefasun secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.