Centany Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Centany Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Centany In other words, centany they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Centany The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, centany and will be very appealing to him/her. Centany Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, centany antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Centany Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, centany lethargy, centany stumbling and seizures. Centany Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Centany Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Centany Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, centany excessive drooling, centany and stomach pain. Centany If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, centany as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Centany Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Centany Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Centany Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, centany vomiting, centany excessive urination and activity, centany and can lead to seizures. Centany Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Centany Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, centany especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Centany You are responsible for Puggle care and, centany therefore, centany need to ensure that fabric softener, centany clothing and dish detergent, centany bathroom cleaners, centany etc. Centany are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Centany The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, centany vomiting, centany lethargy, centany muscle weakness, centany mouth burns, centany and even a coma. Centany Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Centany Excessive drooling, centany vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Centany Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Centany Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, centany and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Centany Some toxic plants include aloe, centany ferns, centany lilies and ivy. Centany If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, centany the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Centany Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Centany Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Centany Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Centany However, centany if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, centany the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Centany This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Centany A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Centany Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Centany Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Centany If you use moth balls, centany get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Centany Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Centany Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, centany leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, centany vomiting, centany seizures and coma. Centany Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Centany Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Centany Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Centany This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Centany Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, centany lethargy and stomach pain. Centany Call your Vet right away.
Centany Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Centany
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Centany Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Centany Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, centany loss of appetite, centany lethargy and vomiting. Centany See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Centany Keep all batteries in a safe, centany secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.