Cifran Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Cifran Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Cifran In other words, cifran they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Cifran The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, cifran and will be very appealing to him/her. Cifran Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, cifran antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Cifran Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, cifran lethargy, cifran stumbling and seizures. Cifran Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Cifran Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Cifran Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, cifran excessive drooling, cifran and stomach pain. Cifran If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, cifran as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Cifran Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Cifran Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Cifran Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, cifran vomiting, cifran excessive urination and activity, cifran and can lead to seizures. Cifran Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Cifran Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, cifran especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Cifran You are responsible for Puggle care and, cifran therefore, cifran need to ensure that fabric softener, cifran clothing and dish detergent, cifran bathroom cleaners, cifran etc. Cifran are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Cifran The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, cifran vomiting, cifran lethargy, cifran muscle weakness, cifran mouth burns, cifran and even a coma. Cifran Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Cifran Excessive drooling, cifran vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Cifran Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Cifran Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, cifran and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Cifran Some toxic plants include aloe, cifran ferns, cifran lilies and ivy. Cifran If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, cifran the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Cifran Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Cifran Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Cifran Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Cifran However, cifran if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, cifran the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Cifran This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Cifran A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Cifran Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Cifran Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Cifran If you use moth balls, cifran get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Cifran Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Cifran Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, cifran leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, cifran vomiting, cifran seizures and coma. Cifran Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Cifran Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Cifran Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Cifran This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Cifran Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, cifran lethargy and stomach pain. Cifran Call your Vet right away.
Cifran Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Cifran
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Cifran Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Cifran Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, cifran loss of appetite, cifran lethargy and vomiting. Cifran See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Cifran Keep all batteries in a safe, cifran secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.