Clamide Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Clamide Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Clamide In other words, clamide they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Clamide The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, clamide and will be very appealing to him/her. Clamide Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, clamide antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Clamide Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, clamide lethargy, clamide stumbling and seizures. Clamide Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Clamide Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Clamide Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, clamide excessive drooling, clamide and stomach pain. Clamide If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, clamide as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Clamide Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Clamide Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Clamide Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, clamide vomiting, clamide excessive urination and activity, clamide and can lead to seizures. Clamide Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Clamide Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, clamide especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Clamide You are responsible for Puggle care and, clamide therefore, clamide need to ensure that fabric softener, clamide clothing and dish detergent, clamide bathroom cleaners, clamide etc. Clamide are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Clamide The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, clamide vomiting, clamide lethargy, clamide muscle weakness, clamide mouth burns, clamide and even a coma. Clamide Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Clamide Excessive drooling, clamide vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Clamide Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Clamide Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, clamide and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Clamide Some toxic plants include aloe, clamide ferns, clamide lilies and ivy. Clamide If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, clamide the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Clamide Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Clamide Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Clamide Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Clamide However, clamide if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, clamide the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Clamide This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Clamide A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Clamide Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Clamide Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Clamide If you use moth balls, clamide get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Clamide Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Clamide Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, clamide leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, clamide vomiting, clamide seizures and coma. Clamide Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Clamide Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Clamide Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Clamide This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Clamide Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, clamide lethargy and stomach pain. Clamide Call your Vet right away.
Clamide Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Clamide
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Clamide Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Clamide Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, clamide loss of appetite, clamide lethargy and vomiting. Clamide See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Clamide Keep all batteries in a safe, clamide secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.