Colchicina lirca Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Colchicina lirca Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Colchicina lirca In other words, colchicina lirca they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Colchicina lirca The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, colchicina lirca and will be very appealing to him/her. Colchicina lirca Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, colchicina lirca antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Colchicina lirca Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, colchicina lirca lethargy, colchicina lirca stumbling and seizures. Colchicina lirca Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Colchicina lirca Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Colchicina lirca Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, colchicina lirca excessive drooling, colchicina lirca and stomach pain. Colchicina lirca If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, colchicina lirca as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Colchicina lirca Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Colchicina lirca Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Colchicina lirca Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, colchicina lirca vomiting, colchicina lirca excessive urination and activity, colchicina lirca and can lead to seizures. Colchicina lirca Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Colchicina lirca Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, colchicina lirca especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Colchicina lirca You are responsible for Puggle care and, colchicina lirca therefore, colchicina lirca need to ensure that fabric softener, colchicina lirca clothing and dish detergent, colchicina lirca bathroom cleaners, colchicina lirca etc. Colchicina lirca are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Colchicina lirca The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, colchicina lirca vomiting, colchicina lirca lethargy, colchicina lirca muscle weakness, colchicina lirca mouth burns, colchicina lirca and even a coma. Colchicina lirca Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Colchicina lirca Excessive drooling, colchicina lirca vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Colchicina lirca Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Colchicina lirca Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, colchicina lirca and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Colchicina lirca Some toxic plants include aloe, colchicina lirca ferns, colchicina lirca lilies and ivy. Colchicina lirca If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, colchicina lirca the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Colchicina lirca Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Colchicina lirca Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Colchicina lirca Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Colchicina lirca However, colchicina lirca if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, colchicina lirca the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Colchicina lirca This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Colchicina lirca A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Colchicina lirca Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Colchicina lirca Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Colchicina lirca If you use moth balls, colchicina lirca get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Colchicina lirca Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Colchicina lirca Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, colchicina lirca leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, colchicina lirca vomiting, colchicina lirca seizures and coma. Colchicina lirca Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Colchicina lirca Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Colchicina lirca Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Colchicina lirca This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Colchicina lirca Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, colchicina lirca lethargy and stomach pain. Colchicina lirca Call your Vet right away.
Colchicina lirca Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Colchicina lirca
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Colchicina lirca Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Colchicina lirca Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, colchicina lirca loss of appetite, colchicina lirca lethargy and vomiting. Colchicina lirca See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Colchicina lirca Keep all batteries in a safe, colchicina lirca secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.