Copegus

Copegus Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Copegus Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Copegus In other words, copegus they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Copegus The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, copegus and will be very appealing to him/her. Copegus Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, copegus antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Copegus Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, copegus lethargy, copegus stumbling and seizures. Copegus Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Copegus Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Copegus Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, copegus excessive drooling, copegus and stomach pain. Copegus If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, copegus as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Copegus Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Copegus Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Copegus Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, copegus vomiting, copegus excessive urination and activity, copegus and can lead to seizures. Copegus Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Copegus Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, copegus especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Copegus You are responsible for Puggle care and, copegus therefore, copegus need to ensure that fabric softener, copegus clothing and dish detergent, copegus bathroom cleaners, copegus etc. Copegus are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Copegus The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, copegus vomiting, copegus lethargy, copegus muscle weakness, copegus mouth burns, copegus and even a coma. Copegus Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Copegus Excessive drooling, copegus vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Copegus Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Copegus Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, copegus and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Copegus Some toxic plants include aloe, copegus ferns, copegus lilies and ivy. Copegus If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, copegus the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Copegus Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Copegus Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Copegus Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Copegus However, copegus if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, copegus the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Copegus This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Copegus A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Copegus Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Copegus Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Copegus If you use moth balls, copegus get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Copegus Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Copegus Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, copegus leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, copegus vomiting, copegus seizures and coma. Copegus Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Copegus Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Copegus Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Copegus This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Copegus Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, copegus lethargy and stomach pain. Copegus Call your Vet right away.

Copegus Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Copegus

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Copegus Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Copegus Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, copegus loss of appetite, copegus lethargy and vomiting. Copegus See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Copegus Keep all batteries in a safe, copegus secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.