Decutan Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Decutan Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Decutan In other words, decutan they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Decutan The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, decutan and will be very appealing to him/her. Decutan Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, decutan antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Decutan Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, decutan lethargy, decutan stumbling and seizures. Decutan Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Decutan Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Decutan Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, decutan excessive drooling, decutan and stomach pain. Decutan If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, decutan as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Decutan Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Decutan Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Decutan Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, decutan vomiting, decutan excessive urination and activity, decutan and can lead to seizures. Decutan Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Decutan Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, decutan especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Decutan You are responsible for Puggle care and, decutan therefore, decutan need to ensure that fabric softener, decutan clothing and dish detergent, decutan bathroom cleaners, decutan etc. Decutan are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Decutan The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, decutan vomiting, decutan lethargy, decutan muscle weakness, decutan mouth burns, decutan and even a coma. Decutan Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Decutan Excessive drooling, decutan vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Decutan Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Decutan Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, decutan and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Decutan Some toxic plants include aloe, decutan ferns, decutan lilies and ivy. Decutan If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, decutan the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Decutan Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Decutan Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Decutan Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Decutan However, decutan if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, decutan the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Decutan This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Decutan A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Decutan Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Decutan Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Decutan If you use moth balls, decutan get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Decutan Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Decutan Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, decutan leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, decutan vomiting, decutan seizures and coma. Decutan Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Decutan Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Decutan Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Decutan This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Decutan Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, decutan lethargy and stomach pain. Decutan Call your Vet right away.
Decutan Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Decutan
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Decutan Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Decutan Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, decutan loss of appetite, decutan lethargy and vomiting. Decutan See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Decutan Keep all batteries in a safe, decutan secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.