Dermatophytosis

Dermatophytosis Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Dermatophytosis Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Dermatophytosis In other words, dermatophytosis they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Dermatophytosis The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, dermatophytosis and will be very appealing to him/her. Dermatophytosis Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, dermatophytosis antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Dermatophytosis Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, dermatophytosis lethargy, dermatophytosis stumbling and seizures. Dermatophytosis Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Dermatophytosis Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Dermatophytosis Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, dermatophytosis excessive drooling, dermatophytosis and stomach pain. Dermatophytosis If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, dermatophytosis as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Dermatophytosis Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Dermatophytosis Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Dermatophytosis Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, dermatophytosis vomiting, dermatophytosis excessive urination and activity, dermatophytosis and can lead to seizures. Dermatophytosis Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Dermatophytosis Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, dermatophytosis especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Dermatophytosis You are responsible for Puggle care and, dermatophytosis therefore, dermatophytosis need to ensure that fabric softener, dermatophytosis clothing and dish detergent, dermatophytosis bathroom cleaners, dermatophytosis etc. Dermatophytosis are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Dermatophytosis The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, dermatophytosis vomiting, dermatophytosis lethargy, dermatophytosis muscle weakness, dermatophytosis mouth burns, dermatophytosis and even a coma. Dermatophytosis Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Dermatophytosis Excessive drooling, dermatophytosis vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Dermatophytosis Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Dermatophytosis Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, dermatophytosis and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Dermatophytosis Some toxic plants include aloe, dermatophytosis ferns, dermatophytosis lilies and ivy. Dermatophytosis If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, dermatophytosis the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Dermatophytosis Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Dermatophytosis Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Dermatophytosis Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Dermatophytosis However, dermatophytosis if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, dermatophytosis the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Dermatophytosis This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Dermatophytosis A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Dermatophytosis Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Dermatophytosis Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Dermatophytosis If you use moth balls, dermatophytosis get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Dermatophytosis Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Dermatophytosis Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, dermatophytosis leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, dermatophytosis vomiting, dermatophytosis seizures and coma. Dermatophytosis Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Dermatophytosis Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Dermatophytosis Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Dermatophytosis This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Dermatophytosis Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, dermatophytosis lethargy and stomach pain. Dermatophytosis Call your Vet right away.

Dermatophytosis Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Dermatophytosis

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Dermatophytosis Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Dermatophytosis Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, dermatophytosis loss of appetite, dermatophytosis lethargy and vomiting. Dermatophytosis See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Dermatophytosis Keep all batteries in a safe, dermatophytosis secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.