Desyrel Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Desyrel Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Desyrel In other words, desyrel they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Desyrel The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, desyrel and will be very appealing to him/her. Desyrel Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, desyrel antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Desyrel Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, desyrel lethargy, desyrel stumbling and seizures. Desyrel Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Desyrel Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Desyrel Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, desyrel excessive drooling, desyrel and stomach pain. Desyrel If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, desyrel as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Desyrel Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Desyrel Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Desyrel Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, desyrel vomiting, desyrel excessive urination and activity, desyrel and can lead to seizures. Desyrel Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Desyrel Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, desyrel especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Desyrel You are responsible for Puggle care and, desyrel therefore, desyrel need to ensure that fabric softener, desyrel clothing and dish detergent, desyrel bathroom cleaners, desyrel etc. Desyrel are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Desyrel The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, desyrel vomiting, desyrel lethargy, desyrel muscle weakness, desyrel mouth burns, desyrel and even a coma. Desyrel Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Desyrel Excessive drooling, desyrel vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Desyrel Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Desyrel Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, desyrel and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Desyrel Some toxic plants include aloe, desyrel ferns, desyrel lilies and ivy. Desyrel If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, desyrel the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Desyrel Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Desyrel Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Desyrel Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Desyrel However, desyrel if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, desyrel the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Desyrel This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Desyrel A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Desyrel Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Desyrel Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Desyrel If you use moth balls, desyrel get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Desyrel Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Desyrel Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, desyrel leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, desyrel vomiting, desyrel seizures and coma. Desyrel Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Desyrel Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Desyrel Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Desyrel This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Desyrel Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, desyrel lethargy and stomach pain. Desyrel Call your Vet right away.
Desyrel Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Desyrel
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Desyrel Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Desyrel Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, desyrel loss of appetite, desyrel lethargy and vomiting. Desyrel See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Desyrel Keep all batteries in a safe, desyrel secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.