Diabitor

Diabitor Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Diabitor Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Diabitor In other words, diabitor they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Diabitor The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, diabitor and will be very appealing to him/her. Diabitor Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, diabitor antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Diabitor Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, diabitor lethargy, diabitor stumbling and seizures. Diabitor Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Diabitor Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Diabitor Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, diabitor excessive drooling, diabitor and stomach pain. Diabitor If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, diabitor as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Diabitor Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Diabitor Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Diabitor Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, diabitor vomiting, diabitor excessive urination and activity, diabitor and can lead to seizures. Diabitor Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Diabitor Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, diabitor especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Diabitor You are responsible for Puggle care and, diabitor therefore, diabitor need to ensure that fabric softener, diabitor clothing and dish detergent, diabitor bathroom cleaners, diabitor etc. Diabitor are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Diabitor The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, diabitor vomiting, diabitor lethargy, diabitor muscle weakness, diabitor mouth burns, diabitor and even a coma. Diabitor Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Diabitor Excessive drooling, diabitor vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Diabitor Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Diabitor Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, diabitor and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Diabitor Some toxic plants include aloe, diabitor ferns, diabitor lilies and ivy. Diabitor If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, diabitor the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Diabitor Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Diabitor Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Diabitor Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Diabitor However, diabitor if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, diabitor the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Diabitor This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Diabitor A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Diabitor Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Diabitor Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Diabitor If you use moth balls, diabitor get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Diabitor Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Diabitor Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, diabitor leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, diabitor vomiting, diabitor seizures and coma. Diabitor Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Diabitor Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Diabitor Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Diabitor This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Diabitor Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, diabitor lethargy and stomach pain. Diabitor Call your Vet right away.

Diabitor Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Diabitor

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Diabitor Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Diabitor Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, diabitor loss of appetite, diabitor lethargy and vomiting. Diabitor See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Diabitor Keep all batteries in a safe, diabitor secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.