Diet pills Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Diet pills Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Diet pills In other words, diet pills they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Diet pills The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, diet pills and will be very appealing to him/her. Diet pills Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, diet pills antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Diet pills Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, diet pills lethargy, diet pills stumbling and seizures. Diet pills Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Diet pills Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Diet pills Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, diet pills excessive drooling, diet pills and stomach pain. Diet pills If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, diet pills as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Diet pills Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Diet pills Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Diet pills Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, diet pills vomiting, diet pills excessive urination and activity, diet pills and can lead to seizures. Diet pills Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Diet pills Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, diet pills especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Diet pills You are responsible for Puggle care and, diet pills therefore, diet pills need to ensure that fabric softener, diet pills clothing and dish detergent, diet pills bathroom cleaners, diet pills etc. Diet pills are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Diet pills The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, diet pills vomiting, diet pills lethargy, diet pills muscle weakness, diet pills mouth burns, diet pills and even a coma. Diet pills Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Diet pills Excessive drooling, diet pills vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Diet pills Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Diet pills Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, diet pills and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Diet pills Some toxic plants include aloe, diet pills ferns, diet pills lilies and ivy. Diet pills If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, diet pills the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Diet pills Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Diet pills Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Diet pills Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Diet pills However, diet pills if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, diet pills the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Diet pills This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Diet pills A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Diet pills Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Diet pills Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Diet pills If you use moth balls, diet pills get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Diet pills Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Diet pills Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, diet pills leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, diet pills vomiting, diet pills seizures and coma. Diet pills Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Diet pills Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Diet pills Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Diet pills This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Diet pills Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, diet pills lethargy and stomach pain. Diet pills Call your Vet right away.
Diet pills Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Diet pills
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Diet pills Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Diet pills Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, diet pills loss of appetite, diet pills lethargy and vomiting. Diet pills See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Diet pills Keep all batteries in a safe, diet pills secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.