Doxadura Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Doxadura Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Doxadura In other words, doxadura they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Doxadura The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, doxadura and will be very appealing to him/her. Doxadura Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, doxadura antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Doxadura Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, doxadura lethargy, doxadura stumbling and seizures. Doxadura Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Doxadura Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Doxadura Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, doxadura excessive drooling, doxadura and stomach pain. Doxadura If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, doxadura as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Doxadura Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Doxadura Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Doxadura Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, doxadura vomiting, doxadura excessive urination and activity, doxadura and can lead to seizures. Doxadura Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Doxadura Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, doxadura especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Doxadura You are responsible for Puggle care and, doxadura therefore, doxadura need to ensure that fabric softener, doxadura clothing and dish detergent, doxadura bathroom cleaners, doxadura etc. Doxadura are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Doxadura The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, doxadura vomiting, doxadura lethargy, doxadura muscle weakness, doxadura mouth burns, doxadura and even a coma. Doxadura Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Doxadura Excessive drooling, doxadura vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Doxadura Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Doxadura Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, doxadura and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Doxadura Some toxic plants include aloe, doxadura ferns, doxadura lilies and ivy. Doxadura If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, doxadura the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Doxadura Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Doxadura Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Doxadura Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Doxadura However, doxadura if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, doxadura the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Doxadura This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Doxadura A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Doxadura Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Doxadura Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Doxadura If you use moth balls, doxadura get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Doxadura Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Doxadura Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, doxadura leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, doxadura vomiting, doxadura seizures and coma. Doxadura Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Doxadura Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Doxadura Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Doxadura This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Doxadura Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, doxadura lethargy and stomach pain. Doxadura Call your Vet right away.
Doxadura Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Doxadura
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Doxadura Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Doxadura Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, doxadura loss of appetite, doxadura lethargy and vomiting. Doxadura See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Doxadura Keep all batteries in a safe, doxadura secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.