Elidel cream Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Elidel cream Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Elidel cream In other words, elidel cream they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Elidel cream The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, elidel cream and will be very appealing to him/her. Elidel cream Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, elidel cream antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Elidel cream Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, elidel cream lethargy, elidel cream stumbling and seizures. Elidel cream Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Elidel cream Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Elidel cream Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, elidel cream excessive drooling, elidel cream and stomach pain. Elidel cream If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, elidel cream as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Elidel cream Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Elidel cream Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Elidel cream Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, elidel cream vomiting, elidel cream excessive urination and activity, elidel cream and can lead to seizures. Elidel cream Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Elidel cream Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, elidel cream especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Elidel cream You are responsible for Puggle care and, elidel cream therefore, elidel cream need to ensure that fabric softener, elidel cream clothing and dish detergent, elidel cream bathroom cleaners, elidel cream etc. Elidel cream are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Elidel cream The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, elidel cream vomiting, elidel cream lethargy, elidel cream muscle weakness, elidel cream mouth burns, elidel cream and even a coma. Elidel cream Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Elidel cream Excessive drooling, elidel cream vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Elidel cream Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Elidel cream Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, elidel cream and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Elidel cream Some toxic plants include aloe, elidel cream ferns, elidel cream lilies and ivy. Elidel cream If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, elidel cream the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Elidel cream Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Elidel cream Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Elidel cream Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Elidel cream However, elidel cream if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, elidel cream the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Elidel cream This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Elidel cream A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Elidel cream Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Elidel cream Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Elidel cream If you use moth balls, elidel cream get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Elidel cream Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Elidel cream Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, elidel cream leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, elidel cream vomiting, elidel cream seizures and coma. Elidel cream Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Elidel cream Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Elidel cream Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Elidel cream This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Elidel cream Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, elidel cream lethargy and stomach pain. Elidel cream Call your Vet right away.
Elidel cream Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Elidel cream
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Elidel cream Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Elidel cream Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, elidel cream loss of appetite, elidel cream lethargy and vomiting. Elidel cream See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Elidel cream Keep all batteries in a safe, elidel cream secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.