Estrogen Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Estrogen Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Estrogen In other words, estrogen they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Estrogen The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, estrogen and will be very appealing to him/her. Estrogen Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, estrogen antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Estrogen Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, estrogen lethargy, estrogen stumbling and seizures. Estrogen Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Estrogen Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Estrogen Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, estrogen excessive drooling, estrogen and stomach pain. Estrogen If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, estrogen as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Estrogen Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Estrogen Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Estrogen Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, estrogen vomiting, estrogen excessive urination and activity, estrogen and can lead to seizures. Estrogen Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Estrogen Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, estrogen especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Estrogen You are responsible for Puggle care and, estrogen therefore, estrogen need to ensure that fabric softener, estrogen clothing and dish detergent, estrogen bathroom cleaners, estrogen etc. Estrogen are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Estrogen The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, estrogen vomiting, estrogen lethargy, estrogen muscle weakness, estrogen mouth burns, estrogen and even a coma. Estrogen Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Estrogen Excessive drooling, estrogen vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Estrogen Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Estrogen Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, estrogen and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Estrogen Some toxic plants include aloe, estrogen ferns, estrogen lilies and ivy. Estrogen If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, estrogen the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Estrogen Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Estrogen Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Estrogen Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Estrogen However, estrogen if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, estrogen the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Estrogen This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Estrogen A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Estrogen Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Estrogen Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Estrogen If you use moth balls, estrogen get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Estrogen Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Estrogen Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, estrogen leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, estrogen vomiting, estrogen seizures and coma. Estrogen Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Estrogen Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Estrogen Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Estrogen This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Estrogen Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, estrogen lethargy and stomach pain. Estrogen Call your Vet right away.
Estrogen Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Estrogen
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Estrogen Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Estrogen Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, estrogen loss of appetite, estrogen lethargy and vomiting. Estrogen See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Estrogen Keep all batteries in a safe, estrogen secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.