Exclav Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Exclav Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Exclav In other words, exclav they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Exclav The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, exclav and will be very appealing to him/her. Exclav Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, exclav antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Exclav Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, exclav lethargy, exclav stumbling and seizures. Exclav Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Exclav Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Exclav Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, exclav excessive drooling, exclav and stomach pain. Exclav If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, exclav as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Exclav Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Exclav Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Exclav Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, exclav vomiting, exclav excessive urination and activity, exclav and can lead to seizures. Exclav Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Exclav Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, exclav especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Exclav You are responsible for Puggle care and, exclav therefore, exclav need to ensure that fabric softener, exclav clothing and dish detergent, exclav bathroom cleaners, exclav etc. Exclav are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Exclav The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, exclav vomiting, exclav lethargy, exclav muscle weakness, exclav mouth burns, exclav and even a coma. Exclav Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Exclav Excessive drooling, exclav vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Exclav Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Exclav Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, exclav and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Exclav Some toxic plants include aloe, exclav ferns, exclav lilies and ivy. Exclav If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, exclav the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Exclav Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Exclav Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Exclav Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Exclav However, exclav if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, exclav the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Exclav This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Exclav A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Exclav Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Exclav Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Exclav If you use moth balls, exclav get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Exclav Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Exclav Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, exclav leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, exclav vomiting, exclav seizures and coma. Exclav Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Exclav Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Exclav Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Exclav This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Exclav Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, exclav lethargy and stomach pain. Exclav Call your Vet right away.

Exclav Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Exclav

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Exclav Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Exclav Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, exclav loss of appetite, exclav lethargy and vomiting. Exclav See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Exclav Keep all batteries in a safe, exclav secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.