Fml

Fml Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Fml Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Fml In other words, fml they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Fml The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, fml and will be very appealing to him/her. Fml Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, fml antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Fml Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, fml lethargy, fml stumbling and seizures. Fml Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Fml Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Fml Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, fml excessive drooling, fml and stomach pain. Fml If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, fml as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Fml Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Fml Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Fml Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, fml vomiting, fml excessive urination and activity, fml and can lead to seizures. Fml Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Fml Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, fml especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Fml You are responsible for Puggle care and, fml therefore, fml need to ensure that fabric softener, fml clothing and dish detergent, fml bathroom cleaners, fml etc. Fml are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Fml The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, fml vomiting, fml lethargy, fml muscle weakness, fml mouth burns, fml and even a coma. Fml Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Fml Excessive drooling, fml vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Fml Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Fml Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, fml and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Fml Some toxic plants include aloe, fml ferns, fml lilies and ivy. Fml If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, fml the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Fml Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Fml Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Fml Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Fml However, fml if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, fml the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Fml This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Fml A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Fml Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Fml Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Fml If you use moth balls, fml get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Fml Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Fml Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, fml leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, fml vomiting, fml seizures and coma. Fml Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Fml Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Fml Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Fml This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Fml Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, fml lethargy and stomach pain. Fml Call your Vet right away.

Fml Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Fml

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Fml Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Fml Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, fml loss of appetite, fml lethargy and vomiting. Fml See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Fml Keep all batteries in a safe, fml secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.