Forair

Forair Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Forair Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Forair In other words, forair they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Forair The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, forair and will be very appealing to him/her. Forair Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, forair antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Forair Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, forair lethargy, forair stumbling and seizures. Forair Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Forair Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Forair Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, forair excessive drooling, forair and stomach pain. Forair If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, forair as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Forair Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Forair Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Forair Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, forair vomiting, forair excessive urination and activity, forair and can lead to seizures. Forair Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Forair Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, forair especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Forair You are responsible for Puggle care and, forair therefore, forair need to ensure that fabric softener, forair clothing and dish detergent, forair bathroom cleaners, forair etc. Forair are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Forair The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, forair vomiting, forair lethargy, forair muscle weakness, forair mouth burns, forair and even a coma. Forair Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Forair Excessive drooling, forair vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Forair Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Forair Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, forair and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Forair Some toxic plants include aloe, forair ferns, forair lilies and ivy. Forair If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, forair the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Forair Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Forair Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Forair Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Forair However, forair if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, forair the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Forair This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Forair A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Forair Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Forair Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Forair If you use moth balls, forair get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Forair Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Forair Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, forair leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, forair vomiting, forair seizures and coma. Forair Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Forair Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Forair Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Forair This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Forair Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, forair lethargy and stomach pain. Forair Call your Vet right away.

Forair Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Forair

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Forair Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Forair Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, forair loss of appetite, forair lethargy and vomiting. Forair See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Forair Keep all batteries in a safe, forair secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.