Free oxytrol Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Free oxytrol Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Free oxytrol In other words, free oxytrol they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Free oxytrol The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, free oxytrol and will be very appealing to him/her. Free oxytrol Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, free oxytrol antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Free oxytrol Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, free oxytrol lethargy, free oxytrol stumbling and seizures. Free oxytrol Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Free oxytrol Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Free oxytrol Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, free oxytrol excessive drooling, free oxytrol and stomach pain. Free oxytrol If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, free oxytrol as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Free oxytrol Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Free oxytrol Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Free oxytrol Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, free oxytrol vomiting, free oxytrol excessive urination and activity, free oxytrol and can lead to seizures. Free oxytrol Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Free oxytrol Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, free oxytrol especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Free oxytrol You are responsible for Puggle care and, free oxytrol therefore, free oxytrol need to ensure that fabric softener, free oxytrol clothing and dish detergent, free oxytrol bathroom cleaners, free oxytrol etc. Free oxytrol are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Free oxytrol The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, free oxytrol vomiting, free oxytrol lethargy, free oxytrol muscle weakness, free oxytrol mouth burns, free oxytrol and even a coma. Free oxytrol Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Free oxytrol Excessive drooling, free oxytrol vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Free oxytrol Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Free oxytrol Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, free oxytrol and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Free oxytrol Some toxic plants include aloe, free oxytrol ferns, free oxytrol lilies and ivy. Free oxytrol If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, free oxytrol the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Free oxytrol Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Free oxytrol Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Free oxytrol Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Free oxytrol However, free oxytrol if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, free oxytrol the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Free oxytrol This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Free oxytrol A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Free oxytrol Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Free oxytrol Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Free oxytrol If you use moth balls, free oxytrol get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Free oxytrol Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Free oxytrol Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, free oxytrol leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, free oxytrol vomiting, free oxytrol seizures and coma. Free oxytrol Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Free oxytrol Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Free oxytrol Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Free oxytrol This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Free oxytrol Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, free oxytrol lethargy and stomach pain. Free oxytrol Call your Vet right away.
Free oxytrol Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Free oxytrol
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Free oxytrol Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Free oxytrol Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, free oxytrol loss of appetite, free oxytrol lethargy and vomiting. Free oxytrol See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Free oxytrol Keep all batteries in a safe, free oxytrol secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.