Free tofranil Puggle breeders need to be carefully scrutinized before you make the decision to buy a pup from their litter. Free tofranil Even though the Puggle does not have a breed standard, free tofranil this doesn’t mean you should trust every Puggle Breeder out there. Free tofranil Not everyone has good breeding ethics, free tofranil and for some, free tofranil all they care about is the money they’ll make off the sales of a popular breed.
Free tofranil Here is what you need to find out before you settle on just any Puggle breeder –
- Does the breeder sell his/her Puggles privately, free tofranil or do they sell to pet shops? A breeder that is willing to sell the dogs they breed to pet shops is only in the breeding business for money.
- Does the breeder breed more than Puggles? If Puggle breeders are breeding more than one type of dog other than a Beagle or Pug (aside from the Puggle) or if they have only ever bred Puggles, free tofranil you should take your business elsewhere. Free tofranil A reputable breeder interested in breeding hybrids should first be experienced with properly breeding a purebred dog. Free tofranil Furthermore, free tofranil a breeder who has bred either Pugs of Beagles previously, free tofranil has a good idea of what type of temperaments to expect.
- Ask to see the sire and dam of the litter. Free tofranil A good breeder will show you both or either the sire and dam of the litter. Free tofranil They should also show you a detailed pedigree of both dogs. Free tofranil Even though Puggles are only hybrid dogs, free tofranil a breeder with a pedigree of the purebred parents is a sign of a responsible breeder.
- Is the breeder willing to give up the pup before 8 weeks? Puggle breeders should not allow a Puggle puppy to be taken sooner than 8 weeks of age. Free tofranil A puppy offered before this age has not been allowed sufficient time to be weaned from his/her mother. Free tofranil This can cause social and development issues in the dog.
- There should always be a guarantee – Only a reputable breeder would provide you with a contract and written guarantee for the dog. Free tofranil The guarantee usually states that if something should happen with the dog’s health, free tofranil etc. Free tofranil they will take the Puggle back and offer you a new one or give you your money back. Free tofranil Essentially, free tofranil a good breeder would rather take the dog back than see harm come to it.
- The breeder should be registered – Even though the Puggle is a hybrid breed not recognized by any of the national kennel clubs, free tofranil reputable Puggle Breeders will have their Puggles registered with the American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC), free tofranil or the Hybrid Club of their nation. Free tofranil Note: The ACHC only registers individual Puggles that have purebread parents. Free tofranil
Free tofranil Finally, free tofranil make sure you visit the breeder in person and get to know the pups before you make any decisions. Free tofranil In addition, free tofranil make sure the premise in which the breeder is raising the pups is a clean and happy environment.