Furazolidone Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Furazolidone Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Furazolidone In other words, furazolidone they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Furazolidone The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, furazolidone and will be very appealing to him/her. Furazolidone Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, furazolidone antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Furazolidone Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, furazolidone lethargy, furazolidone stumbling and seizures. Furazolidone Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Furazolidone Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Furazolidone Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, furazolidone excessive drooling, furazolidone and stomach pain. Furazolidone If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, furazolidone as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Furazolidone Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Furazolidone Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Furazolidone Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, furazolidone vomiting, furazolidone excessive urination and activity, furazolidone and can lead to seizures. Furazolidone Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Furazolidone Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, furazolidone especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Furazolidone You are responsible for Puggle care and, furazolidone therefore, furazolidone need to ensure that fabric softener, furazolidone clothing and dish detergent, furazolidone bathroom cleaners, furazolidone etc. Furazolidone are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Furazolidone The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, furazolidone vomiting, furazolidone lethargy, furazolidone muscle weakness, furazolidone mouth burns, furazolidone and even a coma. Furazolidone Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Furazolidone Excessive drooling, furazolidone vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Furazolidone Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Furazolidone Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, furazolidone and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Furazolidone Some toxic plants include aloe, furazolidone ferns, furazolidone lilies and ivy. Furazolidone If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, furazolidone the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Furazolidone Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Furazolidone Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Furazolidone Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Furazolidone However, furazolidone if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, furazolidone the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Furazolidone This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Furazolidone A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Furazolidone Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Furazolidone Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Furazolidone If you use moth balls, furazolidone get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Furazolidone Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Furazolidone Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, furazolidone leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, furazolidone vomiting, furazolidone seizures and coma. Furazolidone Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Furazolidone Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Furazolidone Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Furazolidone This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Furazolidone Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, furazolidone lethargy and stomach pain. Furazolidone Call your Vet right away.
Furazolidone Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Furazolidone
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Furazolidone Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Furazolidone Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, furazolidone loss of appetite, furazolidone lethargy and vomiting. Furazolidone See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Furazolidone Keep all batteries in a safe, furazolidone secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.