Genticin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Genticin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Genticin In other words, genticin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Genticin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, genticin and will be very appealing to him/her. Genticin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, genticin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Genticin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, genticin lethargy, genticin stumbling and seizures. Genticin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Genticin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Genticin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, genticin excessive drooling, genticin and stomach pain. Genticin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, genticin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Genticin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Genticin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Genticin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, genticin vomiting, genticin excessive urination and activity, genticin and can lead to seizures. Genticin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Genticin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, genticin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Genticin You are responsible for Puggle care and, genticin therefore, genticin need to ensure that fabric softener, genticin clothing and dish detergent, genticin bathroom cleaners, genticin etc. Genticin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Genticin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, genticin vomiting, genticin lethargy, genticin muscle weakness, genticin mouth burns, genticin and even a coma. Genticin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Genticin Excessive drooling, genticin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Genticin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Genticin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, genticin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Genticin Some toxic plants include aloe, genticin ferns, genticin lilies and ivy. Genticin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, genticin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Genticin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Genticin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Genticin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Genticin However, genticin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, genticin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Genticin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Genticin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Genticin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Genticin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Genticin If you use moth balls, genticin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Genticin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Genticin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, genticin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, genticin vomiting, genticin seizures and coma. Genticin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Genticin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Genticin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Genticin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Genticin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, genticin lethargy and stomach pain. Genticin Call your Vet right away.
Genticin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Genticin
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Genticin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Genticin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, genticin loss of appetite, genticin lethargy and vomiting. Genticin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Genticin Keep all batteries in a safe, genticin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.