Hct Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Hct Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Hct In other words, hct they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Hct The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, hct and will be very appealing to him/her. Hct Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, hct antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Hct Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, hct lethargy, hct stumbling and seizures. Hct Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Hct Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Hct Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, hct excessive drooling, hct and stomach pain. Hct If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, hct as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Hct Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Hct Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Hct Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, hct vomiting, hct excessive urination and activity, hct and can lead to seizures. Hct Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Hct Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, hct especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Hct You are responsible for Puggle care and, hct therefore, hct need to ensure that fabric softener, hct clothing and dish detergent, hct bathroom cleaners, hct etc. Hct are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Hct The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, hct vomiting, hct lethargy, hct muscle weakness, hct mouth burns, hct and even a coma. Hct Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Hct Excessive drooling, hct vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Hct Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Hct Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, hct and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Hct Some toxic plants include aloe, hct ferns, hct lilies and ivy. Hct If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, hct the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Hct Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Hct Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Hct Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Hct However, hct if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, hct the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Hct This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Hct A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Hct Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Hct Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Hct If you use moth balls, hct get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Hct Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Hct Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, hct leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, hct vomiting, hct seizures and coma. Hct Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Hct Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Hct Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Hct This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Hct Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, hct lethargy and stomach pain. Hct Call your Vet right away.
Hct Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Hct
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Hct Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Hct Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, hct loss of appetite, hct lethargy and vomiting. Hct See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Hct Keep all batteries in a safe, hct secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.