Impri

Impri Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Impri Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Impri In other words, impri they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Impri The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, impri and will be very appealing to him/her. Impri Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, impri antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Impri Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, impri lethargy, impri stumbling and seizures. Impri Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Impri Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Impri Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, impri excessive drooling, impri and stomach pain. Impri If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, impri as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Impri Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Impri Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Impri Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, impri vomiting, impri excessive urination and activity, impri and can lead to seizures. Impri Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Impri Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, impri especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Impri You are responsible for Puggle care and, impri therefore, impri need to ensure that fabric softener, impri clothing and dish detergent, impri bathroom cleaners, impri etc. Impri are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Impri The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, impri vomiting, impri lethargy, impri muscle weakness, impri mouth burns, impri and even a coma. Impri Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Impri Excessive drooling, impri vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Impri Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Impri Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, impri and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Impri Some toxic plants include aloe, impri ferns, impri lilies and ivy. Impri If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, impri the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Impri Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Impri Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Impri Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Impri However, impri if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, impri the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Impri This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Impri A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Impri Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Impri Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Impri If you use moth balls, impri get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Impri Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Impri Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, impri leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, impri vomiting, impri seizures and coma. Impri Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Impri Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Impri Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Impri This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Impri Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, impri lethargy and stomach pain. Impri Call your Vet right away.

Impri Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Impri

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Impri Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Impri Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, impri loss of appetite, impri lethargy and vomiting. Impri See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Impri Keep all batteries in a safe, impri secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.