Indomethacin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Indomethacin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Indomethacin In other words, indomethacin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Indomethacin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, indomethacin and will be very appealing to him/her. Indomethacin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, indomethacin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Indomethacin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, indomethacin lethargy, indomethacin stumbling and seizures. Indomethacin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Indomethacin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Indomethacin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, indomethacin excessive drooling, indomethacin and stomach pain. Indomethacin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, indomethacin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Indomethacin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Indomethacin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Indomethacin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, indomethacin vomiting, indomethacin excessive urination and activity, indomethacin and can lead to seizures. Indomethacin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Indomethacin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, indomethacin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Indomethacin You are responsible for Puggle care and, indomethacin therefore, indomethacin need to ensure that fabric softener, indomethacin clothing and dish detergent, indomethacin bathroom cleaners, indomethacin etc. Indomethacin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Indomethacin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, indomethacin vomiting, indomethacin lethargy, indomethacin muscle weakness, indomethacin mouth burns, indomethacin and even a coma. Indomethacin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Indomethacin Excessive drooling, indomethacin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Indomethacin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Indomethacin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, indomethacin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Indomethacin Some toxic plants include aloe, indomethacin ferns, indomethacin lilies and ivy. Indomethacin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, indomethacin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Indomethacin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Indomethacin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Indomethacin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Indomethacin However, indomethacin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, indomethacin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Indomethacin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Indomethacin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Indomethacin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Indomethacin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Indomethacin If you use moth balls, indomethacin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Indomethacin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Indomethacin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, indomethacin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, indomethacin vomiting, indomethacin seizures and coma. Indomethacin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Indomethacin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Indomethacin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Indomethacin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Indomethacin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, indomethacin lethargy and stomach pain. Indomethacin Call your Vet right away.
Indomethacin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Indomethacin
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Indomethacin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Indomethacin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, indomethacin loss of appetite, indomethacin lethargy and vomiting. Indomethacin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Indomethacin Keep all batteries in a safe, indomethacin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.